Reggae Marathon takes pride in being environmentally conscious. Everything to do with the Race Weekend follows this mantra: “Reduce, Reuse and Recycle”.
- Recycle your gently used running shoes. Bring them with you to Reggae Marathon and drop them in the donation boxes. They’ll be distributed to kids in need.
- The convenient plastic hydration pouches are collected immediately after runners pass the aid stations by our volunteers and are packaged up for recycling. The pouches significantly reduce the waste volume as well. Reggae Marathon recycles all plastics used over the Race Weekend.
- Reggae Marathon Banners get reused as well. In conjunction with the Jamaica Public Service, Reggae Marathon donates the used vinyl baners to this recycling initiative to create school bags for Jamaican kids. The bags are called Banna Bags:
On Race Weekends Reggae Marathon “Leaves nothing behind but footprints”. It’snice to know.
Until next time…
Reggae Marathon RunninGuy (aka Sugar ‘Tuff Gong’ Bong)
- Register for Reggae Marathon, December 5, 2015: Reggae Marathon Online Registration
- For more information check the Reggae Marathon Web Site
- Click here for more details on Reggae Marathon’s Abe Issa Award for Excellence
- Here is the official 2014 Reggae Marathon Video: Reggae Marathon 2014
- Select your Reggae Marathon Name here: Reggae Marathon Name