Negril Latitude and Longitude. These are the coordinates you need for Reggae Marathon December 5, 2015.
Negril’s Latitude and Longitude places it in the Caribbean 90 miles east of Cuba, a short flight south from Miami. Negril is called the Capital of Casual and that laid-back vibe makes it an ideal place for a relaxing vacation.
Negril is on the western point of Jamaica and has two distinct personalities. There’s the 7 miles of white sand beach where most of the hotels are located and there’s West End up on the Cliffs with great restaurants. Reggae Marathon starts and finishes at Long Bay Beach Park which is about 3 miles from the town center of Negril. All three races run on the smoothly paved main highway that hugs the beach…at some points the Caribbean is literally feet away from the road.
This is the round-a-bout at the Negril Town Centre. This is about 3 miles from the Start/Finish line and we run around this round-a-bout and a set of timing mats before heading back to Long Bay Beach Park. There is one ‘hill’ on the Reggae Marathon course and you hit it just before the round-a-bout and again right after. ‘Hill’ is a bit of an exaggeration of course: It’s the slight incline in the road as it goes over the Negril River. Plug in these latitude and longitude coordinates, enjoy your race…we’ll see you in Negril!
Until next time…
Reggae Marathon RunninGuy (aka Sugar ‘Tuff Gong’ Bong)
- Register for Reggae Marathon, December 5, 2015: Reggae Marathon Online Registration
- For more information check the Reggae Marathon Web Site
- Click here for more details on Reggae Marathon’s Abe Issa Award for Excellence
- Here is the official 2014 Reggae Marathon Video: Reggae Marathon 2014
- Select your Reggae Marathon Name here: Reggae Marathon Name