They come, they run … from all over the world! For a hugh variety of reasons runners from over 30 countries around the world make the pilgramage to Negril on the first Saturday of December for Reggae Marathon. I’ve been doing it for 6 years now and have started the countdown to December 5, 2015 which will be my 7th in a row! 170 days to go!
I’ve talked to a lot of runners over the years. All come to run of course…and rave about the course and runner care. But what keeps us coming back is something tougher to pin down. The island of Jamaica casts a spell: People, music, food, smells, hospitality. Combine all that with the Reggae Marathon event and after a while you just crack that knowing smile whenever anyone asks what makes Reggae Marathon special. These runners certainly know that once you go, you know!
Until next time…
Reggae Marathon RunninGuy (aka Sugar ‘Tuff Gong’ Bong)
- Register for Reggae Marathon, December 5, 2015: Reggae Marathon Online Registration
- For more information check the Reggae Marathon Web Site
- Click here for more details on Reggae Marathon’s Abe Issa Award for Excellence
- Here is the official 2014 Reggae Marathon Video: Reggae Marathon 2014
- Select your Reggae Marathon Name here: Reggae Marathon Name