“Victory is beautiful when you deserve it” was proudly emblazoned on the t-shirts of the guys from Belgium wearing the crazy headgear. I love the saying…and their headgear!
Running is both a solitary and social activity. Individual effort within a community of like-minded runners helps both newbies and seasoned runners. Just ask Dan Cumming.
The inspiration to run and the motivation to keep running is highly personal. Achieving victory after setting a goal is unrivaled.
Here are just some of the individual victory celebrated at Reggae Marathon:
- I wanted to finish first in my age group
- I was aiming for a top 10 finish
- I shaved time off my previous Reggae Marathon event!!
- Looking for a personal best
- Just want to cross the finish line
- Raising money for charity
- Celebrate beating my cancer
- I'm running to honour the memory of my parent
All of these personal victories of overcoming challenges are driven by perseverance in the face of adversity.