1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, process store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- “Identity Data” includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, photographs, vehicle registration number(s), bib /race number, age, gender, qualifications, professional membership details and insurance details.
- “Contact Data” includes billing address, residential address, delivery address, email address, social media handles and telephone numbers.
- “Financial Data” includes bank account and payment card details.
- “Transaction Data” includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- “Technical Data” includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, full ‘Uniform Resource Locators’ clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time) and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site.
- “Profile Data” includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses, performance, results and times at our events, products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, mouse-overs and methods used to browse away from the page).
- “Usage Data” includes information about how you use the Site, products and services.
- “Marketing and Communications Data” includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and Our third parties and your communication preferences.
- We may also collect personal data that includes “Sensitive” or “Special Categories” of personal data, such as: dietary requirements, details about your race or ethnicity, information about your health, genetic and biometric data and certain medical information (including whether or not you are a wheelchair user
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; we will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Our advertisers/payment services providers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including the ability to effectively process an order.
3. Using your personal data
- We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the normal course of our business for example to:-
To provide and improve our services and meet any binding contractual or legal or regulatory obligations:-
To apply to participate, or participate, or to organise a team, in any of our events
To facilitate and publish the results of our events
To televise, film and/or otherwise record our events and to take photographs and record footage of our events
To invite you to participate, and for you to participate, in our promotions or hospitality
To volunteer for our events
To provide your services on a casual labour basis
To be included on our media lists
To be a partner, sponsor or supplier or potential partner, sponsor or supplier of or to us or our eventsTo administer the website;
To improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
To enable your use of the services available on the website;
To send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
To send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
To send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
To send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
To send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications;
To provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
To deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; and
where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk; and
to the purchaser or prospective purchaser of any business or asset which we are or are contemplating selling.
5. International Data Transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries including the United States, Japan, which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in Jamaica. In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the Internet and may be available, via the Internet, around the world.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
6. Security Of Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure firewall protected servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
The website stores the first six and last four digits of your credit card.
7. Policy Amendments
8. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
9. Third Party Websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the Privacy Policies or practices of third party websites.
The inclusion of links from these sites does not imply endorsement by the Reggae Marathon. Specific questions regarding any content should be directed to the appropriate organization and not necessarily to the Reggae Marathon. We make no effort to independently verify, and does not exert editorial control over, information on pages outside of our domain.
We do not endorse any of the products, vendors, consultants, or documentation referenced in this website. Any mention of vendors, products, or services is for informational purposes only.
10. Updating Information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.