|Date||Start Time||Starting Line|
|December 3, 2023||5:15 AM||Long Bay Beach Park, Negril, Jamaica|
- START and FINISH outside Long Bay Beach Park on Norman Manley Boulevard
- Course remains open for 6 hours, Marathoners must reach the halfway mark in 3 hours
- Aid Stations every mile – 25 in all, manned by experienced marathoners and enthusiastic volunteers
- Cooling stations with misters and iced towel wraps
- Inspirational Reggae music at every mile
- Closed lanes for runners
- Certified IAAF and AIMS course meeting international standards
- The event is sanctioned by the Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA).
- Medical stations and fully equipped ambulances positioned along the course and staffed by a premier multidisciplinary medical team.
Who says you can’t run and drink? Try hydration the Reggae Marathon way! We have the most unique method of ensuring your fluid intake gets to its proper destination.
Our plastic pouch packaging provides liquid (water & Gatorade) you can run with. There’s no spilling or messy water stops, just bite, nip or tear the plastic pouch, then sip and run! You are sure it gets down your gullet and not down your shirt! Not like those messy cups at other races! You can also use them to cool down.
Take as many as you like at our water stops/aid stations. They may come in handy on the way if you need a boost in hydration. Aid stations are located every mile along the course and at the start and finish. You will enjoy a truly unique Jamaican experience – bagged water and Gatorade, a world-class rehydration sports drink!
Friday, December 01
- 1:00pm to 5:00pm – Registration & Packet Collection, Couples Swept Away Sports Complex
Saturday, December 02
- Registration & Packet Collection – Couples Swept Away Sports Complex
- 1:00pm to 4:00pm – Registration
- 1:00pm to 6:00pm – Packet Collection
Sunday, December 03
- 5:15am – Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K start, Long Bay Beach Park
- 7:00am to 12 noon – Finish Line Beach Bash/Victory Beach Party & Awards Ceremony, Long Bay Beach Park
- MYLAPS BibTag timing system
- Live online tracking of runners along the course at www.reggaemarathon.com and interim results posted during the race.
- Gun and Chip Time results
The temperature should be a low of 24C / 76F at the start of the race. With low annual rainfall, rain is not expected.
FREE Reggae shuttle buses will pick up anyone going to the start, along Norman Manley Blvd. Or, if your hotel is conveniently located within 1 mile of Long Bay Beach Park, why not do a warm-up walk?
For your return trip, take a leisurely walk along the beach or visit the Shuttle Bus Tent, located across the road from Long Bay Beach Park.
Shuttle bus schedule
Getting to the start
(from Shuttle Bus Tent, across from Long Bay Beach Park)
|Departing from Negril Roundabout||Departing from Club Riu||Arriving at Club Riu (North)||Arriving at Roundabout (South)|
|4:30am||4:30am||and every 45 minutes – hour afterwards||and every 45 minutes – hour afterwards|