December 8, 2024
Half Marathon, 10K & 5K Races

The Race

The Half Marathon & 10K begin at Long Bay Beach Park, situated midway along Negril’s famed 7-mile white sand beach. The course loops into Negril town center and then heads east to Bloody Bay before returning to finish at Long Bay Beach Park. The 5K race also starts at Long Bay Beach Park, heading in the opposite direction towards Negril’s aerodrome, with the same finishing point. The mostly flat course is an IAAF certified half marathon & 10K course.

Date Location
December 8, 2024 Negril, Jamaica


Minimum age: 14 years old

On/before July 31 On/after August 1 On/after December 2
Intl. US$115 US$125 US$140
Local JMD$7000 JMD$8000 JMD$10000


Minimum age: 10 years old

On/before July 31 On/after August 1 On/after December 2
Intl. US$85 US$95 US$110
Local JMD$6000 JMD$7000 JMD$9000


Minimum age: 10 years old

On/before July 31 On/after August 1 On/after December 2
Intl. US$50 US$60 US$80
Local JMD$5000 JMD$6000 JMD$8000
  • Male record holder: Pamenos Ballentyne, St. Vincent, 2001 – 2:21:05
  • Female record holder: Ramilia Burangulova, Russia, 2001 – 2:42:25
  • Male record holder: Moses Macharia, Kenya, 2001 – 1:08:32
  • Female record holder: Jackline Toror, Kenya, 2001 – 1:16:12
  • Male record holder: Shawn Pitter, Jamaica, 2012 – 29:55
  • Female record holder: Carrie Tollefson, USA, 2011 – 36:17

blog updates

The 80/20 Rule

When training for long distances, the 80/20 method is a good rule to use. 80% of your runs should be run at an easy effort with the remaining 20% should consist of harder running. Easy running should be done at a conversational pace. You shouldn’t be stressing yourself too much during these runs. These runs […]

Runner Spotlight- Tralene M. Williams

Where are you from? I am originally from, Sanford, North Carolina, USA Currently reside in Knightdale, North Carolina, USA How long have you been running? I’ve been physically active all my life but started running actively in 2009. That’s when I trained for my first half marathon.   Why did you start running? Why I […]

Congratulations, Alison!

Alison is our costume contest winner from the 2023 race. Here’s what Alison had to say about her costume.  What inspired your Reggae Marathon costume? My costume is inspired from the colors of our Reggae/Jamaica color – yellow & black; although participants saw Bumblee Bee lol.  Do you regularly wear costumes while running? Majority races, […]