6 days to Reggae Marathon, Sunday, December 2 in Negril! I’ve had that date seared into my mind for the past year and now that we are days away, I’m unbearable at home! Thankfully I have an understanding spouse!
So for Negril I keep my packing simple. Obviously I start with my running gear:
- Two Running tops, technical short sleeve running tops.
- My short tights…I’ve grown accustomed to running in tights…feels more comfortable
- Running shoes. Just one pair for Negril. And not a new pair…I like to break in a new pair at least a couple of months before race day.
- Running socks. I like the low-cut style. I’ve tried running commando in Negril but I’ve found that uncomfortable.
- Running cap. Since I’ve been running the 10K for the past few years I don’t usually wear a cap during the race. After though, it helps keep the sun out of my eyes and my head cool.
The rest? Swimsuit, T Shirts, a couple pairs of shorts, sandals. Hey…Negril is the Capital of Casual!
Until next time…
Reggae Marathon RunninGuy