“What started as a hobby for race director ‘Frano’ and the Jamdammers Running Club of Kingston is now a major boost to Jamaica economically” noted Richard Lake, Chairman Reggae Marathon in an article that ran recently in the Jamaica Observer. And our very own Reggae Marathon race event weekend has contributed over US$11 million to the Jamaican economy making it a ‘Star Event’ of Jamaican Sports Tourism.
Thanks to the Reggae Marathon sponsors and especially the tireless volunteers who make the Reggae Marathon experience so special. As we line up at 5:15 am on Saturday, December 5 this year for the 15th annual running of Reggae Marathon, it’s nice to know we’re part of something special.
Here’s the full article that ran in the Jamaica Observer: Reggae Marathon Boosts Economy.
Until next time…
Reggae Marathon RunninGuy (aka Sugar ‘Tuff Gong’ Bong)
- Register for Reggae Marathon, December 5, 2015: Reggae Marathon Online Registration
- For more information check the Reggae Marathon Web Site
- Click here for more details on Reggae Marathon’s Abe Issa Award for Excellence
- Here is the official 2014 Reggae Marathon Video: Reggae Marathon 2014
- Select your Reggae Marathon Name here: Reggae Marathon Name