Who doesn’t like to save money? Especially when it’s for Reggae Marathon. If you haven’t done so yet, register now at this secure online link:
Here are all the details regarding Reggae Marathon Race Weekend this December:
Date December 05 to December 07, 2013, Negril, Jamaica
The Marathon, Half-Marathon and 10K, start at Long Bay Beach Park situated along Negril’s famed 7-mile white sand beach. The course loops into the town of Negril then heads north towards the town of Green Island. The mostly flat course is an IAAF certified marathon and half-marathon course:
Thursday, December 05
- Registration Opens – Couples Swept Away Sporting Complex (1:00 pm to 500 pm)
Friday, December 06
- Registration & Runner Packet Collection – Couples Swept Away Sporting Complex (10:00 am to 9:00 pm)·
- JHTA ‘World’s Best’ Pasta Party – Couples Swept Away Sporting Complex (5:30 pm to 9:00 pm)
Saturday, December 07
- Reggae Marathon & Half Marathon & 10K start – LongBayBeachPark (5:15 am)
- Finish Line Beach Bash – Victory Beach Party & Awards Ceremony – Long Bay Beach Park till 1:00 pm
- START and FINISH at Long Bay BeachPark on Norman Manley Boulevard
- Start Time: 5:15 am; course remains open for 7 hours
- Water/Aid Stations every mile – 25 in all, manned by experienced marathoners and enthusiastic volunteers
- Cooling stations with misters and iced towel wraps
- Inspirational Reggae Music at every mile
- Closed lanes for runners
- A certified IAAF & AIMS marathon course meeting international standards.
- The event is sanctioned by the Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA).
- Medical stations positioned along the course and staffed by a premier multi-disciplinary medical team with a helicopter on call for airlift to hospital.
- The temperature should be a low of 76°F at the start of the race. With low annual rainfall, rain is not expected.
- In its thirteenth year, the Reggae Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K has earned the reputation for being a well-organized international event, focused on runner enjoyment. Participants combine an island vacation and a great sporting event for a truly unique experience.
- Maximum 3,000 participants allowed.
- Reggae Marathon Web Site provides updated race information and should be checked regularly up to race day.
Organizers & Partners
- The Jamdammers Running Club of Kingston
- The Jamaica Tourist Board
- The Negril Chapter of the Jamaica Hotel Tourist Association (JHTA)
- The Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA).
- The Negril Chamber of Commerce
- The Volunteer communities of Negril and Green Island
- The Ministry of Health & the Sports Medicine Association of Jamaica
Registration Online via at this link: Reggae Marathon Registration. Or, by mail to Reggae Marathon 2013,87-89 Tower Street, Kingston, Jamaica. Deadlines: Mail Entries postmarked November 26, 2013; Online December 03, 2013.
THERE WILL BE NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION OR PACKET PICK-UP
Goodies & Other Stuff
- Commemorative finishers medal
- Official Reggae Marathon t-shirt
- Free entry to the World’s Best Pasta Party
- Free entry to the Victory Beach & Awards Party
- Over US$10,000 in total prize money
- The Bob Marley and Rita Marley Trophies awarded to the male and female winners of the Reggae Marathon
- Age group & Participation award certificates will be awarded in all categories
- Special prize category for High School Boys & Girls in the 10K
- Special prize category for Teams in the Half Marathon and 10K
Scoring & Results
- ChampionChip timing system
- Live online tracking of runners along the course at Reggae Marathon and interim results posted during the race.
- Live web cast of the finish line on line at Reggae Marathon
Until next time…
Click here to register online for Reggae Marathon, December 7, 2013: Reggae Marathon Registration.
For more information check the Reggae Marathon Web Site.
Click here for more details on Reggae Marathon’s Abe Issa Award for Excellence.
This is a link to the Official Reggae Marathon 2012 Race Video.