I’m still working on a great 2010 Christmas! Lots of great times spent with family and friends since last Friday with no end in sight until after the New Year. And the meals… Whew!
I must confess that I haven’t done much running either and am starting to feel a tiny bit guilty…and a little heavier. With New Year’s Eve just around the corner, here are my running resolutions for 2011; I’d love to hear yours:
- Run injury-free in 2011. And if I get injured, take action immediately…no, I can’t just “run through it”.
- Learn to run more naturally, barefoot-style. George Colombo has an excellent blog on this subject Natural Stride Sports
- Get a new pair of sunglasses. I lost my favourite pair somewhere in the packing for the Reggae Marathon three weeks ago.
- Keep the weight off. That’s the reason I started running in the first place.
- Do more cross-training. Even though it may be heresy I’ve got to admit I sometimes get bored of running.
- Speed up. I need all the help I can get with this: please share your speed training tips.
- Plan rest days. Since I started running seriously I have rarely taken a day off and get anxious when I don’t run. I’ve got to learn that “rest is good”.
- Run with a heart rate monitor. Guys in my running club use them and they run better. I’ve checked out a few models but your suggestions are welcome.
- Start 2011 off with a nice long slow run early Saturday morning. That’s the perfect way to get 2011 off to a great start and the adult beverages out of my system.
- And of course, plan for the 2011 Reggae Marathon on December 3, 2011. It’s in my calendar. I won’t miss that for the world.
I’d love to hear what you have planned for 2011. And as the old saying goes, “May the wind always be at your back”. Here’s to good running in 2011.
Until next time…