What’s your idea of a perfect day in Negril? We asked a few runners who make the pigramage to Negril every December for Reggae Marathon…here are their descriptions of a perfect day in Negril:
- Stan: I get up early, make a cup of coffee and take it out to the beach…I love watching the smooth-as-glass water first thing in the morning
- Judy: Every day is perfect in Negril!
- Betty: I love long barefoot walks along the entire length of Negril beach…sometimes I stop and buy some fresh orange juice from a vendor…nothing tastes better!
- Rob: It has to be the Jerk! Probably eaten at every Jerk place and tried every drum chicken guy in Negril.
- Jim: Early morning run followed by breakfast on the beach.
- Sally: It’s the sun. I’m a sun worshiper and look forward to staking my lounge chair early each day
- Ronnie: Running with my wife in Reggae Marathon. We did our first Reggae Marthon on a whim, caught the bug and are back for our third consecutive year this December. Can’t wait!
- Lisa: I made some friends here my first time and we’ve all been coming back since. It’s the best time.
- Effron: Running with my sons. We talk about it and plan for it all year. Drives my wife crazy!
- Diane: Every day is a perfect day as long as I’m in Negril…what a silly question.
My idea of a perfect day in Negril includes many of the things and experiences shared by these Reggae Marathoners. Hours spent sunning on the beach catching up with my running friends are hours well spent.
What’s your idea of a perfect day in Negril?
Until next time…
Reggae Marathon RunninGuy (aka Sugar ‘Tuff Gong’ Bong)