Baby steps. That’s what it takes to start running…and baby steps are what it takes to run a Marathon. Running especially long distance running can be intimidating. I know…it took me a long time to fully embrace running to the point where I now eagerly look forward to my early morning runs. I turn into a bear if I miss a day!
There’s been a massive growth in long distance running over the past few years as seen by the explosion in race events. Running events now routinely include multiple races from the Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K’s. And this growth has come from three areas:
- Growth in Half Marathons
- Women Runners
- Global interest in Running
One of the simplest and best ways to keep at running is to race more. This article explains why that works: Race more to improve your running. And in Jamaica, it’s really easy to ‘race more’. Here’s the 2015 Road Race Calendar with races leading up to Reggae Marathon December 5 in Negril:
So take your first baby step to running today. Then we’ll see you on the road and in Negril this December to celebrate your running success!
Until next time…
Reggae Marathon RunninGuy (aka Sugar ‘Tuff Gong’ Bong)
- Register for Reggae Marathon, December 5, 2015: Reggae Marathon Online Registration
- For more information check the Reggae Marathon Web Site
- Click here for more details on Reggae Marathon’s Abe Issa Award for Excellence
- Here is the official 2014 Reggae Marathon Video: Reggae Marathon 2014
- Select your Reggae Marathon Name here: Reggae Marathon Name