Boston here we come! 7 days away!
Monday, April 20 is the 119th running of the Boston Marathon. Over the years quite a number of Reggae Marathoners have made the trip to Boston: TurboJet!!. That’s Jetola a regular at Reggae Marathon. She’s been talking excitedly on Facebook for a while now and we’ll be following her and all the other Reggae Marathoners who are running next Monday.
That’s Jetola in the final countdown to Boston. Yes thousands will be running but you’ll easily spot Jetola at the start, along the way and especially at the Finish.
Jetola toughed it out at last December’s Reggae Marathon running the Full Marathon. Normally full of vitality, we met up with her in the Medical Tent after she finished: She developed a nasty blister with miles to go and ran through it! Fortunately she was still smiling after getting attention from the Medical Team. We wish you and everyone an injury-free race next Monday.
Every race start is special…we love the torches and drums at the start of Reggae Marathon…but Boston is special for sure. Let us know if you’re running so we can follow you next week.
Until next time…
Reggae Marathon RunninGuy (aka Sugar ‘Tuff Gong’ Bong)
- Register for Reggae Marathon, December 5, 2015: Reggae Marathon Online Registration
- For more information check the Reggae Marathon Web Site
- Click here for more details on Reggae Marathon’s Abe Issa Award for Excellence
- Here is the official 2014 Reggae Marathon Video: Reggae Marathon 2014
- Select your Reggae Marathon Name here: Reggae Marathon Name