Getting ready for Reggae Marathon involves a little planning and coordination. And with 4 months to go it’s time to get serious about your planning…and packing. We’re glad to help:
- Registration. As one of the Premier Destination Running Events in the world, most of you will be making the trip to Negril to spend at least a week in Negril. That applies whether you’re coming from other parts of Jamaica…or the World! I assume you’ve Registered by now.
- How to get to Negril. Coming from off-island, you’ll likely arrive via air at the International Airport in Montego Bay. If you’ve pre-arranged transportation to your Hotel, look out for the Hotel signs once you leave the Arrivals Hall. If you need to book your own transportation, JUTA Negril is a great way to travel comfortably. If you’re coming to Reggae Marathon from other parts of Jamaica, Knutsford Express is a great and convenient alternative. Air Conditioned Coaches with Wi-Fi!
- Where to stay in Negril. Given the many alternatives all along the Beach and in the West End, this can be challenging. And though there are many hotels in Negril, book soon for your best choices. At our web site is a handy Negril Hotel Guide that gives information on each hotel as well as their distances from the Start/Finish area at Long Bay Beach Park.
- Packing. Let’s start with this: “Negril…the Capital of Casual”. Add that you’re on vacation in Negril, Jamaica in December and go from there: Running Gear of course, beachwear, casualwear, sunscreen! That’s my basic kit…it’s worked for 6 years now.
- Eating. If you’re on a meal plan or all-inclusive, you’ll get the choice of delicious Jamaican cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are many restaurants and roadside food options available in Negril…look out for Drum Chicken and Jerk. And you can always enjoy a Patty and Red Stripe at lunch right on the beach. For more, here’s a Guide to Negril.
Later this week look out for Part 2 of ‘Getting ready for Reggae Marathon’.
Until next time…
Reggae Marathon RunninGuy (aka Sugar ‘Tuff Gong’ Bong)
- Register for Reggae Marathon, December 5, 2015: Reggae Marathon Online Registration
- For more information check the Reggae Marathon Web Site
- Click here for more details on Reggae Marathon’s Abe Issa Award for Excellence
- Here is the official 2014 Reggae Marathon Video: Reggae Marathon 2014
- Select your Reggae Marathon Name here: Reggae Marathon Name