Let’s continue getting ready for Reggae Marathon. Here’s Part 2:
- Race Kit Pickup. Starting Thursday before Reggae Marathon and continuing all day Friday, you can pick up your Race Kit at the Couples Swept Away Sporting Complex. It’s not far from Long Bay Beach Park. We’ll update you closer to Race Day on specific times. NOTE: there is no Race Kit Pick up on Saturday morning of Reggae Marathon. Reggae Marathon Race Guide.
- Pasta Party. Friday night before Saturday’s Reggae Marathon at Couples Sweapt Away Sporting Complex is the only place to be in Negril. Chefs from a number of the participating Negril area hotels compete at individual food stations to prepare delicious pasta and salads. Carbo loading while being entertained under the stars…it doesn’t get much better than this! Reggae Marathon Race Guide.
- Reggae Marathon. Marathon, Half Marathon, 10K. Saturday morning at 5:15 am sharp it’s time to run! Forget Jamaica time…Reggae Marathon Race Director Frano is proud of his on-time start record over the past 14 years. He plans to continue his record this December 5. All 3 Reggae Marathon races start at the same time. Bag Drop off is located near the Start/Finish line…pack a towel! Free shuttles run along the entire closed course prior to the race and if you’re close enough, walk over to loosen up. Reggae Marathon Race Guide.
- Post Race Festivities. You’ve done it! Crossed the finished line in triumph, received your Reggae Marathon Finisher Medal. Head over to the cooling tent if you need to before grabbing a fresh cut coconut…nature’s best electrolyte replacement. Then top off the celebration with a cold Red Stripe and a dip in the Caribbean Sea just outside the finish area. Reggae Marathon Race Guide.
- Entertainment. Live music on the beach and at West End establishments happen throughout the week. Ask at your Hotel Front Desk. The biggest entertainment though happens at sunset every day: Watching the sun sink into the Caribbean is a spectacular experience from just about any location facing west. The hotels up on the cliffs in the West End are popular to take in the world’s best sunset. Here’s a Guide to Negril.
Until next time…
Reggae Marathon RunninGuy (aka Sugar ‘Tuff Gong’ Bong)
- Register for Reggae Marathon, December 5, 2015: Reggae Marathon Online Registration
- For more information check the Reggae Marathon Web Site
- Click here for more details on Reggae Marathon’s Abe Issa Award for Excellence
- Here is the official 2014 Reggae Marathon Video: Reggae Marathon 2014
- Select your Reggae Marathon Name here: Reggae Marathon Name