Reggae Marathon runs along the Norman Manley Boulevard in Negril this Saturday, December 1. To accommodate that, the road is closed from early morning Saturday. To help get you to where you need to be, here are all the details on the race-day transportation (included below is the full course map):
- The Reggae Marathon race route has been configured as a double-loop on Norman Manley Boulevard from Negril Roundabout to Salt Creek Bridge.
- On race day, Saturday December 1, 2012, the road from Negril Roundabout to Orange Bay will be totally closed between 4:00 am and 12:00 noon.
- The Police will be in complete charge of the road and their instructions must be followed.
- Only police-escorted shuttle buses will be allowed on the race route on Norman Manley Boulevard from Negril Roundabout to Salt Creek Bridge.
- No car passes will be issued. Everyone must take the shuttles and allow extra time for travel.
- Systems have been put in place to ensure runner safety and scheduled shuttle bus movement along the road.
- No traffic heading to Negril will be allowed past Orange Bay. Only hotel staff buses will be allowed to travel to the Salt Creek Bridge where passengers will move over to shuttles.
- Any vehicles needing to come on Norman Manley Boulevard must travel via Westmoreland to Negril. Road closure signs will be put at Green Island & Orange Bay.
- JUTA/JCAL and our sponsors operate free shuttles on race day for all travelers along the route who need to get to, or from, Long Bay Beach Park.
- All shuttle buses will be escorted by
the Police during the Road closure times.
- Reggae Marathon will have a Shuttle Bus info desk at registration for runners to sign-up for shuttle time slots. This info & updates will be provided to the Dispatch team on Friday Nov 30, 2012 at 2 pm, 6 pm & 9 pm.
- Hotels should find out from guests who check in for the weekend, if they will be attending the Reggae Marathon as spectators and if so to advise them about the free shuttles. Race participants and guests need to sign-up in advance at the Shuttle Bus info desk at registration.
- Shuttles will operate at the following times to take participants to the start of the race departing from the Negril Craft Market & Club Riu at 3:45 am, 4:00 am, 4:15 am, 4:30 am and 4:45 am.
- The shuttles will pick up runners along the Boulevard. Race participants can also get on shuttles at the same designated stops used for team members 1) Risky Business, 2) White Sands, 3) Beachcomber Hotel, 4) Swept Away (New section), 5) Beaches Negril, 6) Seashore Bay Resort(formerly Beaches Sandy Bay), 7) Petcom Gas Station, 8) Riu Palace Hotel, 9) Club Riu. This information will be posted on each bus.
- One shuttle bus will do a West End Runners 4:00am pick up from the furthest point provided by Shuttle sign-up and will drop off at the Roundabout. Runners would transfer there to the designated shuttles at the Craft Market.
- JUTA will arrange for shuttles to bring Grand Palladium runners to the start of the race for $5.00/person one way
- Shuttle buses from Grand Palladium will travel directly to the start of the race by 4:00 am after which the Boulevard will be closed.
- For the return trip to hotels, shuttle buses will begin departing from Long Bay Beach Park at 8:00 am. Heading North: Departing with the 8:00am and 10:00am shuttle caravan, plus optional 10:45am, 11:30am, 12:30pmHeading South: Departing with the 8:30am and 10:30am shuttle caravan plus optional 11:15am, 12 noon and 12:45pm. **Expect heavy loads for the 10am departures
- Transportation Dispatcher Richard Dyche will be positioned atLong Bay Beach Park to direct and assist runners who need return trip transportation.
Make sure you check out the Reggae Marathon Spectator’s Guide. Here again is the Reggae Marathon Course Map:
See you bright and early Saturday morning.