For a desirable destination race like Reggae Marathon, do you register or book your hotel first? For me, I always like to register early for a race. Two reasons: first, it keeps me focused and motivated. Second, I like low race numbers. OK, one out of two makes sense. For these runners, Reggae Marathon is already on their calendars for this December 7. I’m looking forward to connecting at the Pasta Party Friday night at Couples Swept Away then again Saturday morning for the race and post-race fun (Check out the race re-caps from these Reggae Marathoners: Run, Fun, Sun):
- We just heard from Larry Savitch and Easy Skankin from Florida, New York. They are coming back for their third consecutive Reggae Marathon. They had great T Shirts for Reggae Marathon 2012…wonder they’ll come up with for 2013?
- Marsha Doucette and Lace Up for Liver are coming back for their second consecutive Reggae Marathon. The group raised money for the Canadian Liver Foundation and are working hard on bringing even more runners to Negril…and raising more money.
- We heard from Ingrid Wilson who brought a group from Runner’s Mark. They had so much fun that we hear they’re planning a return December 7.
- Pepper Abel of Naples, Florida has already registered for Reggae Marathon. This will be his 5th Reggae Marathon and he’s already packing!
- Giovanna Gebbia of Davie, Florida did a Personal Best at Reggae Marathon 2012. She’s also registered for Reggae Marathon 2013 and is hoping to improve on her time. Love the attitude, Giovanna.
- We heard from Brian Huberty who placed 2nd in the Reggae Marathon Half Marathon in 2011 but couldn’t make it in 2012 due to a hip injury. Brian is planning his return to Negril this December.
- Lisa Laws and Black Girls Run have already registered 90 Ladies for Reggae Marathon 2013. They have taken over Tree House and are now spreading out
to other nearby hotels. If you want to run and have fun, be anywhere near the Ladies of Black Girls Run in their distinctive Pink and Black this December (that’s Jetola Anderson-Blair in the photo above).
Have I missed anyone? If so, drop us a line either here or on our Facebook page to let us know what your plans are for Reggae Marathon 2013. And for all the information on this year’s race, check out this link: Reggae Marathon 2013 Fact Sheet.
Until next time…
Click here to register online for Reggae Marathon, December 7, 2013: Reggae Marathon Registration.
For more information check the Reggae Marathon Web Site.
Click here for more details on Reggae Marathon’s Abe Issa Award for Excellence.
This is a link to the Official Reggae Marathon 2012 Race Video.