The sunrise in Negril could be the most beautiful in the world! Yes that’s a biased opinion and yes I stand by it after enjoying a number of Negril sunrise runs over the past 6 years at Reggae Marathon.
I prefer to run along the main road in Negril but running along the hard packed sand as the sun rises over the trees is a great way to start the day. Especially when that sunrise run is followed by an Ackee and Salt Fish breakfast enjoyed with fresh juice and Blue Mountain coffee. Ahhh…the perfect way to start the day!
This Negril sunrise photo catches the sun rising over the hills just east of Negril. This is looking toward Long Bay Beach Park and is about a mile or so from the Reggae Marathon Start/Finish area. It’s one of my favourite views.
I took this Negril Sunrise from the bridge over the Negril River. It’s just past the turn-around coming up to the 3 Mile Aid Station. Yes I stopped…that was the year I walked the Reggae Marathon 10K in a walking cast!
Do you have a favourite Negril sunrise photo? If you do we’d love to see it.
Until next time…
Reggae Marathon RunninGuy (aka Sugar ‘Tuff Gong’ Bong)
- Register for Reggae Marathon, December 5, 2015: Reggae Marathon Online Registration
- For more information check the Reggae Marathon Web Site
- Click here for more details on Reggae Marathon’s Abe Issa Award for Excellence
- Here is the official 2014 Reggae Marathon Video: Reggae Marathon 2014
- Select your Reggae Marathon Name here: Reggae Marathon Name