The Reggae Marathon is in its 10th, and what looks to be its best year. It’s held every year on the 1st Saturday in December and runs on December4th this year. Diane Ellis, Sponsor Director and Administrator of the Reggae Marathon, reminded me that the Reggae Marathon has a program that gives one FREE entry to any of the 3 Reggae Marathon events, in Negril, Jamaica. This is an opportunity for anyone to run in one of the events free, simply by getting 10 of their friends to sign up also.
Here is why we recommend the Reggae Marathon: the Caribbean’s, and one of the world’s, best marathon events.
- It’s the 10th Anniversary which proves to be the biggest and best.
- You can get a FREE entry by encouraging 10 of your friends to sign up
- This part of Jamaica is absolutely spectacular this time of year
- 3 Reggae Marathon running events offer something for everyone.
- American Airlines is discounting tickets
- It’s still “off-season” for this beach resort’s hotels
- Open air Expo, registration and packet pick up
- World’s best Pasta party(it truly is a magnificent feast)
- Red Stripe beer (after the race of course) and Reggae music
- Well supported course, with lots of water, and support along the way
- Mostly Flat, out and back course, along paved beach road
- Start & Finish held in on the beach in Long Bay Beach Park
- Reggae Marathon Victory Beach Party held during/immediately after the event, on the beach in Long Bay Beach Park
- The treasured art trophy of Bob Marley and Rita Marley for the first place finishers in the Reggae Marathon
- Prize money for the top open and Masters in all 3 events
- Trophies for the ½ and the 10K, and medals for everyone
- A great excuse to go to Jamaica and have fun…as if you need any other reason
ONCE YOU GO~YOU’LL KNOW!
This guest post is from Bob Moore of the Washington Running Report http://www.runwashington.com/. Bob is a runner, race event coordinator, and Director of Advertising and Client Services. And yes, Bob will be back in Negril this December for the Reggae Marathon
Until next time…
that running guy