Am I the only one who is suffering from serious let down from the Reggae Marathon? I’ve run in a lot of events over the years but the Reggae Marathon just seems to get under my skin…in a good way.
Here are some of the withdrawal symptoms I’ve experienced over the past week:
- Cranky with the weather in the upper United States and Canada. Snow, cold and ice. It sure is a big change from the sand and warmth of Negril…I can live with the ice in the coconut rum and pineapple juice though.
- I miss my Negril running friends. Seeing and running with you only once each year is special but it’s a long time until next time.
- Food tastes different back home after the Reggae Marathon. It’s still well cooked but it just can’t compare with meals in the open-air restaurant right on the Negril beach.
- Blue Mountain coffee…in Jamaica. I know I can buy it just about anywhere but a hot cup first thing in the morning overlooking the Caribbean can’t be beat.
- Running along the beach in Negril. I’ve run along Bondi and Coogie Beaches in Australia and while they are special in their own way, Negril is better.
- Music. Yes I can get reggae on my iTunes radio but…
- Sunshine and vitamin D. The prescription for a long and healthy life. How am I ever going to make it to December 2011?
I’ll make it I know and when the official Reggae Marathon video is launched I’ll be the first to let you know.
Until next time…