Run, Fun, Sun!
Fun, Sun, Run!
Sun, Run, Fun!
No matter how you say it, Reggae Marathon in Negril, Jamaica in early December is the best place to get in the holy trinity of runcation activity: Run, fun, sun!
As a runner, I love running along the soft white sand of the Negril beach that stretches past many of the hotels and resorts. Barefoot or with running shoes…either way, the experience is spectacular. If you haven’t booked your hotel yet, here is a link that to many of the hotels…along with the approximate distances to the Start/Finish area at Long Bay Beach Park: Reggae Marathon Hotels.
For fun it’s the sun! For many of us the primary experience in Negril is taking in the sun. Lounge chairs get claimed early and stay occupied for much of the day with regular breaks for cooling dips in the Caribbean Sea. Sipping a cold Red Stripe while eating a Patty…Ahhh! All the beach-side hotels along the Negril beach strip offer direct access to the beach and the Caribbean.
For the fun to start it’s definitely time to register for Reggae Marathon. Included in your Race Registration for all three race distances, Full Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K are the following:
- Special Reggae Marathon tote bag
- Reggae Marathon T Shirt with 2016 logo
- Race # and Bib (Chip included)
- Entry to Pasta Party included!
- Other miscellaneous goodies
You can save a few dollars if you register before July 31…here’s the link to get registered: Reggae Marathon Race Registration.
So what are you waiting for? Fun, sun, run at Reggae Marathon December 3, 2016!
Until next time…
Reggae Marathon RunninGuy (aka Sugar ‘Tuff Gong’ Bong)
- Register for Reggae Marathon, December 3, 2016: Reggae Marathon Online Registration
- For more information check the Reggae Marathon Web Site
- Click here for more details on Reggae Marathon’s Abe Issa Award for Excellence
- Here is the official 2015 Reggae Marathon Video: Reggae Marathon Video