Runners who run with headphones. Now I appreciate a good running tune on occassion. I sing to myself often when I’m out on a long run, feel myself slacking and need to pick up the pace. But I don’t wear headphones. You see, I run in the early morning hours. On the sidewalks of public roads. I want to hear whats going on around me. NO headphones!
Runners who don’t obey traffic rules. At stoplights without the right-of-way it’s tempting to dash accross the empty lanes. But if you’ve got your headphones on you won’t hear the vehicle coming up behing you… NO disobeying traffic rules.
And while we’re on that subject, run on sidewalks please. Facing traffic. That’s the best way to keep an eye on what’s coming toward you.
Acknowledge fellow runners. Nothing irritates me more than raising my hand to acknowledge an approaching runner and … getting no response in return! What am I? Invisible? We don’t have to say anything…although a breathy ‘Hi’ would be nice.
Until next time…
Reggae Marathon RunninGuy (aka Sugar ‘Tuff Gong’ Bong)
- Register for Reggae Marathon, December 5, 2015: Reggae Marathon Online Registration
- For more information check the Reggae Marathon Web Site
- Click here for more details on Reggae Marathon’s Abe Issa Award for Excellence
- Here is the official 2014 Reggae Marathon Video: Reggae Marathon 2014
- Select your Reggae Marathon Name here: Reggae Marathon Name