Jerk Chicken + Deluxe Fried Rice + Red Stripe = the perfect Reggae Marathon recipe for watching the Superbowl in Dallas this Sunday. While the recipe below may not beat the offerings we get at the Reggae Marathon Pasta Party, they are quick and tasty and are sure to hit the spot this Sunday. Do you have any favourites planned for the Superbowl this weekend?
- Chicken legs, thighs, wings
- Walkers Wood Jerk Sauce
- 24 hours before cooking place the chicken pieces in a large zip lock plastic bags with a good quantity of Walkers Wood Jerk Sauce. Seal bag and put in refrigerator to marinate for a minimum of 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a metal roasting pan with a rack in the bottom.
- Cook for approximately 1 hour and the juice runs clear.
- Remove from oven and you are ready to serve.
Deluxe Fried Rice
- 2 cups of cooked white rice
- 2 green onion/scallion
- 1 cooking Onion
- ½ cup diced cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen vegetables
- ½ cooked shrimp
- 1/3 cup chopped mushrooms
- 3 scrambled eggs
- Cooking oil to cover bottom of frying (I am partial to olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Teriyaki sauce (season to taste)
Prepare the following first:
- Cook the rice and set aside
- Scramble eggs and set aside
- Chop and dice the green onion/scallion, cooked ham, and mushrooms
Cooking the Deluxe Fried Rice
- In large flat-bottom heavy frying pan on ‘High’ heat, add oil to coat the bottom
- Add butter and wait until the oil just begins to ‘smoke’
- Add onions and green onions and fry until translucent
- Add mushrooms
- Add scrambled eggs
- Add diced ham
- Add chopped onions
- Add shrimp and vegetables
- Season with Teriyaki sauce
- Finally, add the cooked white rice slowly and turn frequently
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes adding Teriyaki sauce to flavour
And now game time. Let the game and the eating begin.
Until next time…
Reggae Marathon RunninGuy