Tottori, Japan meets Negril, Jamaica. And it came about because of a shared passion for running!
Recently, Dignitaries from Tottori travelled to Negril to meet their Jamaican counterparts in Tourism and Running. Note Reggae Marathon’s Race Director, Frano styling in his Pumas!
The photo above captured the meetup:
- Mr Fitz Davis – Westmoreland Parish Council – COMMERCIAL SERVICES MANAGER
- Mr. Alfred Francis – Race Director – Reggae Marathon Ltd
- Mr. Shinichi Hamasaki – Tottori Orefecture Assembley, Chair of the Tottori –Jamaica Friendship Prefectural Assembly Members Alliance & Chair of the Tottori Athletic Assoc.
- His Worship the Mayor, CLLR Bertel Moore, Chairman of the Westmoreland Parish Council
- Ms. Diane Ellis, Sponsorship & Marketing Director, Reggae Marathon Ltd
- Mr. Akihiko Nitta, Managing Director – JAAF Japan Technical Official
- Mr. Shinataro Konishi – Director – Sports Division – Regional Advancement Dept – Tottori Prefecture Govt
- Mrs. Gail Jackson-Brooks, Negril TreeHouse & member of the Regage Marathon Negril Organizing Committee
- 3rd left at Rear: Mr Bernard Hylton of Couples Swept Away Resorts, Chair of the ROad &Logistics Committee, Reggae Marathon Negril Organizing Committee
So now a new goal Reggae Marathoners: Race in Negril this December then travel to Japan March 2017 to experience Reggae Running in Japan! Now that’s a plan I can embrace.
Until next time…
Reggae Marathon RunninGuy (aka Sugar ‘Tuff Gong’ Bong)