That’s the online address for all things Reggae Marathon. We post just about everything that you need to know for Reggae Marathon. If you’ve been here before, thanks for visiting! If you have not, let’s take a tour:
Home Page. This is where most people start. We’ve got our countdown clock at the very top that will take you right down to 5:15 am on Sunday, December 8…the time and date for the 2019 Reggae Marathon. If all you need to do is
register for one of our three race events, the Full Marathon, Half Marathon or 10K, simply click on the big red button on the top right of the page. You’ll be guided through the secure online registration process from there. Note: there are two separate registration streams: One is for Jamaicans who live in Jamaica, the other is for non-residents/visitors who live outside of Jamaica.
But there is a lot more news and information on our website, organized under each of the tabs that are shown across the top of the page: The Race, Runners, Travel, Media, Extras, Contact. Let’s take a look at each one in detail:
- Trophies, Prizes and Goodies has all the details on prizes awarded at Reggae Marathon. Of note: All Finishers in the Full Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K receive a Finisher Medal, a Finisher Certificate, a Special Reggae Marathon T Shirt, Free entry to the Reggae Marathon Pasta Party and free entry to the Victory Beach and Awards Party.
- The next drop down, Traffic Advisory has very important information about the necessary road closures along the Norman Washington Boulevard, the main road in Negril. Roads close to regular vehicle traffic from 4 am until after the race event ends. Free shuttles run along the closed course to get you to and from your hotel.
- The third drop down is How to Register. This provides all the information you need to register locally in Jamaica or Internationally. Plus there are convenient links to get to the registration portal.
- The first drop down is our Fact Sheet. Download or bookmark this page. It has all the dates, times and locations for the entire Reggae Marathon race weekend that runs December 6 – 8, 2019. Onsite registration, Packet Pickup, course info (including time limits), Hydration on course to name just some of the key information you’ll need.
- Next is the Waiver and Release page. These include the disclaimer, waiver and release policies for Reggae Marathon. Please take the time to read these over!
- Next down is one of the most helpful sections, our Training programs. We have them all: Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K; Run programs; Run/Walk programs. Check these out to get a head start on your training not only for Reggae Marathon but all your running and walking this summer.
- Under Past Races we have results for past Reggae Marathon events.
- And finally, on the Confirm Registration page, you can confirm your registration to any of the Reggae Marathon race events.
- This is the hub for Negril area hotels, our travel partners and some special discounts for Reggae Marathoners. Accommodations. This page lists a number of hotels that line the beach in Negril. For each hotel property listed, we included the approximate distance to the Start/Finish at Long Bay Beach Park. This is very handy when selecting hotels.
- Travel Packages. Don’t want to fuss with any travel arrangements? Check out our official Reggae Marathon partners who can take care of all your travel needs.
- About Negril. Negril has always been a little exotic. Located on the most western tip of the island of Jamaica and well away from the main commercial centres of Montego Bay and Kingston, Negril thrives on this ‘separation’. Learn more about the history of Negril…and look for the special deals and offers from some of the local businesses.
- Useful Links. This includes links to some of our sponsors who have special offers for Reggae Marathoners.
- Videos from previous Reggae Marathon events are featured
- Press. If you are with the Media, here’s where you’ll find specific information on accreditation and access to our media assets.
- Up first is the FAQ page. Here you’ll find answers to many of the questions we get asked most frequently.
- Below that is our Blog. Here you’ll find training tips, runner stories, inspirational quotes and the latest information about the upcoming Reggae Marathon event. Check here frequently as we get close to race day.
- Below that is a tab with the Latest News. We post any and all press releases and important late breaking news.
- Finally, hear what others have to say about Reggae Marathon on our Testimonials Page.
- Here you can send us a direct email message. Just fill out the form and submit.
There you have it…a full tour of the Reggae Marathon website. We hope you will visit often!
Until next time…
Reggae Marathon RunninGuy