There are many things you can bring to Negril for Reggae Marathon. I’ve over packed the past couple of years so for this year I have a new list of things to bring. Check with me at the Pasta Party Friday to see if I succeeded in packing light:
- Bring the shoes you plan to run the Reggae Marathon in of course. But remember to bring your slightly used running shoes with you as well. I plan to bring 3 pairs with me this year and drop them off at the special box near the Race Registration area. It's for a great cause: your shoes will be cleaned up and given to kids who don't have any. They'll run in them in the various races in 2012 an
d they'll really appreciate your donation.
- Sunscreen. The beach in Negril is absolutely fantastic but the sun will not be your friend unless you apply sunscreen.
- Bathing suit. Actually a couple would be best.
- Appetite. It starts with the Pasta Party Friday nights. After that you must try Ackee & Salfish, Jerk Chicken, Fried fish and bammie…I’m salivating just thinking about the deliciousness.
- Camera. While the sunsets in Negril from any point on the beach are spectacular, I also love the sunrise. The gentle light caressing the white sand is equally spectacular.
Oh, and I almost forgot, toothbrush. That should be enough for 5 glorious days in Negril for Reggae Marathon 2011.
Until next time…
Reggae Marathon RunninGuy